HISTORY

Dodge Cove is a coastal settlement born of the need to provide sustainable food and work for independent northerners and their families. About the year 1906, surveying was needed to establish the town of Prince Rupert. Marine Surveyor George Dodge set his triangular surveying marks at Fairview Camp and what is now called Dodge Cove. A group of Norwegian fisherman thought “the Cove” the best place to shelter their fishing boats and fishing and boatbuilding has left a legacy, still seen in the numerous boatsheds on the foreshore. 523292_4686018995178_1610681343_n

Advertisements